I remember daydreaming about my own little girl even before I got pregnant. I wondered if she would be as active and full of life like her kuya (big brother), or if she would be a totally different personality, quiet, prim and proper. In a previous post, I mentioned how nice it would probably be to have another child in the house who would just play quietly in a corner, a welcome change from the chaotic and messy state our place is always in.
Well, our little princess is now three months old. She's a preemie--born about a month too soon--so her adjusted age would be two months. She has blossomed from a sleepy, tiny newborn into a robust, healthy infant. Her good appetite and ability to sleep through all the noise her brother makes have enabled her to catch up with her weight, and catch up pretty well at that! I have no idea anymore as to what her developmental milestones should be at her age (I'm not as bookish about this as I was with my firstborn) but just the fact that she's now very bright-eyed, alert, and interactive are enough to ease my worries about her being born prematurely. Baby Annie wakes up with big smiles in the morning, and coos and 'talks' to us, her eyes focused intently on our faces the times she is awake during the day. She can lift her head effortlessly, and yesterday I even caught her trying to sit up on her own. When read to, she puts her hand together, her body all tensed, her toes curled in rapt attention as she looks at the pictures of the book, cooing every now and then as if she understands the story. She responds to her big brother's adoring looks and cuddles with her toothless grin and follows him around with her eyes as he moves around the house during his play. I just love every minute I spend with her--it's delightful to touch her soft, silky skin, and breathe in her sweet baby scent! Needless to say, my panic at not being able to bond with her right at birth is long gone, and I am head over heels in love with my princess!
And like they all say when you're blessed with a precious child, I don't think I'll ever be the same again.
And like they all say when you're blessed with a precious child, I don't think I'll ever be the same again.
No comments:
Post a Comment