Thursday, September 2, 2010

Down but not Out

One downside to my mommying job, I don't have sick leave. I get sick, I take care of myself and still have to take care of the little ones. The daddy tries his best to lighten my load but he has to go to work so I have no choice but to "report to work" myself and just pray really hard that my kids don't catch what I have. No success with Roo, he caught it the second day. Annie is still holding strong-- now I see once more why I have to stick it out with breastfeeding no matter how exhausting it is--apparently, she's getting a good dose of antibodies from the breastmilk, enough to fight against this nasty bug.

The other day, the daddy came home sick. We had to put him in isolation in the other room--had to take precautions just in case he caught a different bug from work. Made it all the more difficult for me--I had to take the whole night duty with the baby all by myself. Two nights in a row now, very little sleep. Can't catch up on sleep during the day too because there's a flurry of activity around the house with our sick-but-still-active boy. Just have to forget that I'm sick--it's a wonder how the mind can control the body. Think that you cannot be sick and your body copes and you manage to take care of your precious ones like you're not. Just have to ignore the pains and aches--no choice but to be strong for the ones I love.

I'm a mommy, I can do this. God help me!

No comments: