Monday, August 30, 2010

Small Talk

Now what do I write about? Do I start with small talk and say something about the weather? Like, (clearing my throat, ahem!) "And now for the weather report..."

Bangkok is currently enjoying rainy days (mostly nights, actually). Yup, we are so glad the rains have graced us with its refreshing presence. The extended summer season had brought so much heat and humidity that these daily downpours are a welcome respite to all of us. Loud claps of thunder occasionally interrupt what little sleep we get in between feedings at night but I don't mind them a bit. I'm so sleep-deprived that I just go right back to slumberland, my sleep so sweet that I'm oblivious to the loud pitter-patter on the window even if it is right by my side of the bed (MY man was telling me that the other night it sounded like we were under a waterfall but I still didn't hear that!). Then when morning breaks, I find it a joy to wake up to raindrops on our windows, and sights of green and lush trees all around us.

So with the rainy season in full swing, MY man cannot take the river taxi to go to work like he used to. He's been driving to work everyday and that means his commute is longer. Rainy days in Bangkok is synonymous to really bad traffic (meaning, cars don't move at all for like thirty or so minutes at a time). The daddy is rarely home by five pm as was his old schedule. Some days our baby is already in bed settled for the night when her daddy arrives.

And that's the weather report : Rainy (but still hot and humid when it's not raining) with widespread thunderstorms. This is Mommy IA reporting from the Land of Smiles. Good day to y'all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

coolness!! glad to be here strolling around again...

i almost went to thailand the other week hehehe. there was this one-week course on peace making. but my schedule was too constrained. huhuhu

nagpadala ako nang pasalubong. nasa sena hotel sila. my friend left the package for a friend who's been living in thailand for a over a year pa lang. the package got lost huhuhu

IA. said...

Anne, hello! it's been a while! i'm so happy to see you here again! hope i'll be able to find time to visit you too!

sayang wala ka nadayon diri--next time may opportunity let me know ha? basi pa lang maka EB kita :D