Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trust in the Lord

My mom had a stroke.  She is in the ICU unconscious.  I ask for prayer.  I'm praying that God will heal her.  I claim the promise in Malachi 4:2 for my mom.  ..."Unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings."

I am afraid.  Yet will I trust in the Lord.  He is faithful.  He is powerful.  O Lord God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not Thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?  2Chronicles 20:6

Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed...for the battle is NOT yours, but God's.  2 Chronicles 20:15

Praise the Lord for He is our God!  Do pray for us as we travel home to be with my parents.  I believe prayers work wonders, and we do need them.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

12 comments:

h. said...

praying for you! >hugs< have a safe travel home. let me know if there's a chance that we can meet up later.

Jackie said...

Praying for your mom...I know it's such a difficult time. I can relate a bit because my hubby's father had a stroke in March. Keep us updated...and safe travels.

Unknown said...

praying for your mother and the whole family...

it is in the most frightful, helpless, impossible moments that we learn to really let go of everything and just trust him.

IA. said...

Hae, thanks so much for the hugs! we're leaving today at noon. do send me your contact number through email or friendster. i'll try to keep in touch. God bless!

IA. said...

Jackie, I appreciate your prayers. Only God can sustain us with His grace, and may His healing mercies be upon my mom.

IA. said...

Anne, only God can give me that kind of faith and trust too! And that is what I ask for right now, for faith to let go and let God. That His name be praised and glorified in everything!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Saying a prayer for your mom and your family...

*safe travels*

IA. said...

Sarah, thanks! God is already doing wonders thru prayers!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I am so very sorry and will be praying for you and your mom. I promise.

escape said...

we'll pray for you, your mom and the family.

trusting the Lord will definitely help.

Jenny said...

I will pray for her. My dad had a close call a few years ago (rare autoimmune disease--he's okay now) so I know how scary it can be to have a parent in the ICU. We watched God heal my dad and it was the biggest miracle we'd ever seen. I hope He will heal your mom too!

ScroochChronicles said...

I'll be praying for your mom. I hope that she gets better soonest possible :)