Thursday, February 14, 2008
A Valentine Story, You Say?
He's been stalking me all day. And I've been trying to look like I wasn't hiding from him. Not easy. Had to dodge in and out of rooms and hallways, and engage other people in conversation whenever he came close. I looked around one more time. Coast clear. Better head for home so I can stop playing hide and seek.
As I was walking home, he drove by in his car and beeped. I waved and heaved a sigh of relief. But NO! Now what?! About ten meters ahead, the car had stopped and the reverse lights lit up. He wasn't ready to give up. Not just yet. Oh well...
"Hi! Would you like to have dinner with me?"
I wasn't ready to give in either.
"Oh, I'm sorry but I have plans for this evening."
Well I'm glad this man, who eventually became my man, wasn't one to give up. Or I would have a different love story to tell. I guess that's what set him apart from all the other guys who were interested in me; a thousand "No.” didn't deter him. He just kept on looking for ways to break down all the walls I've built around myself. Even if it meant having to interrupt my conversations with other people ("Excuse me, may I talk to IA?") Even if it meant waking up at 1 am to buy bunches of flowers at the flower market. Even if he had to go knocking at my classroom (and end up decorating all my bulletin boards, hehe.)
It wasn’t because he’s not a nice man that I didn’t want to go out with him. In fact, he’s very nice and just about everybody likes him. It’s just that we were too different; it’s like we came from two different worlds and I didn’t see any way we could be happy together. For one thing, I am an introvert; I enjoy being with myself, I just need a few friends around and I’m happy. He on the other hand is an outgoing being who has to be around people. He is creative and artistic (found that out from the bulletin boards) while I have a hard time sketching or drawing anything beyond stick people. Music runs in his blood (How on earth did he know that guy missed a note?!) while I can barely hum a tune. I thrive on business talk and numbers; he has to use his fingers to do math (mumbling, “cannot be, carry one.”) He’s right-brained and event-oriented, and I’m the exact opposite. I can go on and on, but you get it right?
Well, this man, now MY man, turned out to be Mr. Right for me. We complement each other. One’s weakness is the other’s strength. So we make really good partners. We’re hoping our offspring will get the best of both worlds. Although I’m wondering, why did Kanga and Eeyore end up with a Roo? :D
Happy Hearts' Day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a love story, really opposite attracts.
Thanks for the visit. I'll link you too. Have a nice day!
BTW, you can change your comment box setting so it won't be exclusive for blogspot users.
Ann, thanks for dropping by. I didn't realize that the "opposites attract" saying applies to me din pala. :D
Thanks for the tip on the comments. I changed the settings already.
Oh, he really loves you.... he went on the pursuit. That's how you know he really loves you... never gives up. Glad you found your man IA!
Toe, you are a romantic! :) Yup, no doubt about it, my man really loves me!
In fairness to the other guys (who may be reading this blog), some did pursue and did love me too, but I guess we just weren't meant to be.
Post a Comment