I've always dreaded receiving bad news in the mornings. It's like I can take it any time of the day better than when I just woke up. Today I woke up earlier than usual because I heard a message beep on my phone, and also because we need to move some stuff to our new place. Daddy E greeted me with bad news: Ate Weng met an accident, she has intercranial bleeding and they're asking for prayers.
Stunned, I dropped down on the couch and sent up pleading prayers to the Great Healer. If I was anywhere near her, I would be rushing to go to the hospital, or I would call Eric right away to find out how she is. But she's like on the other side of the world, and I don't have her husband's number! Still in a daze, I walked to the kitchen and cooked rice. Have to do something, can't just sit and worry. My body went on to do the routine morning chores. Wash Roo's bottles. Load the wash.
Good thing Shirly is online. She just finished talking to Eric and updated me on the latest: MRI showed no bleeding, she has head trauma, hip fracture and punctured lungs. Good news! No bleeding! The Great Physician is already at work, I believe more miracles are on the way!
Wait. Roo is up and calling for me.
I relayed the news to my son. He listened quietly then knelt down and prayed: Dear Jesus, thank you for healing Auntie Weng. Roo has been teaching me lessons on faith. When he prays for something, he believes God will grant it, it always starts with "Thank you..." His faith is simple and he holds an excellent record for "Answered Prayers." After praying, he doesn't fret or worry about it anymore; he gets up and gets on with his play.
Let's keep praying for Ate Weng. And her husband Eric. They're in Arizona, far from family. I hope their friends will be there for them.
4 comments:
Aaaaw, I got teary eyed with Roo's prayer. Prayers to your Ate Weng.
What a lovely way Roo has of praying. I do hope his aunty is much healed.
(Hi BTW, I just found your site through my referrals).
Greymom, thanks! Prayers work wonders!
Kirsten,
Hello there! Thanks for your concern. Yes, Roo's aunty is on her way to recovery, 'twas a miracle that she survived the car wreck she was in!
Post a Comment