Wednesday, February 27, 2008

City Boy Roo

Baby Roo loves to act out Bible stories. This morning, while I was engrossed in my emails, he rode his trike up to me, got off and tapped me on the arm.

Baby Roo: Is there room for us?

Mommy K (not quite sure which story he's doing this time): Wait, who are you pretending to be?

Baby Roo: Joseph.

Mommy K: Oh, ok. (Changing to the innkeeper's voice) I'm sorry but we have no more room available. But you can stay in the stable over there.

Baby Roo: Is there parking there?

Mommy K (half-listening, half-reading): What?

Baby Roo: Is there parking at the stable?

Mommy K (trying hard to keep a straight face): For your donkey? Oh yes!

Baby Roo: Okay, thank you. Bye. Clip-clop-clip-clop...(triking to the direction of the stable)

Five seconds later...

Baby Roo: Yaaaay! I found parking!!!

12 comments:

vernaloo said...

haha that is soooo cute :)

Toe said...

Hahaha! This is so funny!

Isn't blogging great? You can record these precious stories of Baby Roo. :)

h. said...

soo cute :-) it's good that he role plays Bible stories. i pray that we will be able to bring up maia the way you did andrew.

IA. said...

Verns, yeah I thought that was cute! And really funny!

IA. said...

Toe, you are so right! Blogging is wonderful! If only I have all the time to blog about everything (quite a challenge with a Roo in my 'pouch' snuggling while I type)

IA. said...

Hae, medyo brainwashed yan kasi from conception we kept reading Bible stories to him. He just loves reading and listening to stories!

Ann said...

Kakatuwa naman, ok ang imagination ng baby mo.

IA. said...

Ann, na-internalize siguro nya masyado yung lagi naming paghahanap ng parking when we go out. Kaya ayan...

zherwin said...

hahaha, parking? wait, ano bang tawag kapag ititigil, halimbawa ang kabayo? parking. hmmm, the baby's got a point hehehe.

IA. said...

Zherwin, hey I never thought of it that way, pero oo nga, wala akong maisip na one word equivalent to "parking the donkey." Yung mga magaling mag English dyan, help!

Kat said...

That was so funny, I had to read it out loud to my hubby. Kids come out with the sweetest things, don't they?

IA. said...

Kat, I had to call my husband too right after that and shared a good laugh! I'm so thankful kids are made to say the sweetest things! They make our lives so much more colorful with their observations and way of thinking.