Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bring the King Back!

That was the title of the message at church today.  Bring the King back.  The pastor shared the story of Absalom, that time when he wanted to unseat David and be king himself.  David left Jerusalem because of the civil unrest, but God did not allow Absalom to succeed in his plans. When Absalom lost his life, David had to initiate the move to bring him, the king, back to Jerusalem to rule over God's people.

Who is the King of my life?  Does my King sit upon the chambers of my heart, or have I in my own selfish way unseated Him, and let me, myself, sit on the throne and rule my life?  Do I need to bring the King back?

Roo's favorite character, Pooh would say:  Think, think, think.

Jesus, You are my King!  I may not always be faithful, but I thank You that You are faithful!  I want You to be in my heart, all the time!  Take my thoughts, my heart, my life, O Lord, and rule within me.  May I be a blessing to everyone who passes my way.

4 comments:

h. said...

Amen!

Iamquietheart said...

i'm glad everytime i visit your site, God is always present here. it's obvious that God is the king of your life.

Keep it up ia. i think you are a blessing to others in some way. by how much you testify that God is soooo good, many can realize how good is God too, in their own life.

escape said...

i agree. let the king be king. let the king reign as we serve.

Unknown said...

amen. such a beautiful prayer IA. a few weeks ago, in one of our meetings as couples for christ, God sent a message to me: "you have loved them more than you love me." i cried no end with remorse. yes, most of the time my King takes the backseat sa akon life. and im just thankful he loves me enough to remind me once in a while.