Sunday, November 15, 2009

Expecting.

I've never seen a happier boy. We were in Pattaya, and on our way to the pharmacy to buy the preg test, our son, ever-inquisitive, asked all the questions as to where, what, why we were making a special trip to the pharmacy. We explained everything, and so when he finally saw the two lines on the strip, joy filled his face. He was so happy, ecstatic that God had heard his prayers for a baby.

Me, I'm still in a daze. Literally. The days have been a blur, the toilet has become my best friend, relieving me of nausea. With my first pregnancy, I was sick in the mornings only. This time, it's all day, and most of the night. My boys have been very supportive, very caring, and I'm thankful for them.

Hope this phase won't last long. I have to think positive. For now, I shall eat, and eat, and eat, even if it means having to let it all out, only to start eating all over again.

This too shall pass.

6 comments:

h. said...

wow, wow, wow!! congratulations!!! so so very happy for you.

Jenny said...

Congratulations! There is no feeling more beautiful than looking down at a positive pregnancy test. And although there are very few things worse than vomiting, it's worth it for a sweet baby. Hope you feel better soon.

Toe said...

Wow, congratulations IA! That's very happy news!

IA. said...

Thank you all!

zherwin said...

congratulations!!! more good news, more good news. NVP will pass, just eating small meals and not the usual 3 times a day can really help. take care. :)

IA. said...

Zherwin, my motto exactly: this will pass :D soon to come, more happy days albeit sleepless. teka, sounds like you've been through this ah, sana meron na rin kayong good news! you guys take care too! God bless us all!