Friday, March 21, 2008

Let's Play Pretend

Daddy E came home sick yesterday. It could be the flu, he’s has body ache, feet ache, and shoulder pains. Or it could be from playing basketball the other day—he hasn’t played ball for quite a long time. Anyways, as soon as he got in the door, he announced that he wasn’t feeling well, searched the med bag for paracetamol, then went to bed.

Roo, quite disappointed that daddy E couldn’t play with him, entertained himself because mommy K was busy cooking. Right after dinner, mommy K started sneezing, and sneezing, and whatever it was that was causing it, couldn’t be washed away so mommy K had to take antihistamine to stop it. Feeling rather drowsy after a few minutes, mommy K lay down on the bed to rest.

Roo: Mommy, are you okay?

Mommy K: I’m not feeling well.

Roo: I’ll take care of you, okay, mommy. Wait here okay, I’ll get petamo for you. (Roo runs out of the bedroom)

Mommy K: What’s that you’re getting mommy, Roo?

Roo: (coming back in) I’m getting petamo for you, mommy.

Mommy K: What’s petamo?

Roo: (Very slowly) Pe-ta-mo.

Mommy K: Hmm, I don’t know what that is.

Roo: (Louder this time and even more slowly) PE – TA – MO!

Mommy K: Pe-ta-mo. I’m sorry but I don’t know what that is, anak.

Roo: (starting to get exasperated) PE – TA – MO! Like daddy, mommy, I want you to feel better!

Mommy K: Oh! You mean, pa-ra-ce-ta-mol! You are so thoughtful, anak! Thank you, but mommy already took medicine, I don’t need paracetamol.

Roo: (disappointed) Oh. Then…(brightens up) just pretend petamo, okay, mommy?  I'll get pretend petamo for you!

----------------------------------------------------------

Roo: Daddy, can we play school?

Daddy: (still feeling rather sick) I don’t really know how to play school, Roo. Daddy is a doctor, I’m not a teacher like mommy.

Roo: (in his most convincing voice) Pretend, daddy! You can pretend to be a teacher, daddy!

6 comments:

h. said...

oo nga naman :)

IA. said...

Xingkit, oo nga, sorry na lang at di nakalusot ang daddy. Napilitan tuloy magplay school.

Unknown said...

the cutest age no? is Roo two years old? my gabriel is two and a half and playing pretend is his favorite apart from all other numerous favorites. this minute he's superman and im wonderwoman. the next he's the doctor and im his patient. hay. the joys of motherhood.

IA. said...

Anne, you must be having the grandest time with Gabriel playing pretend! It is indeed a joy to be a mother--and watch our sons grow and develop in their own wonderful way.

Anonymous said...

Aaaw, how cute! Si Daddy naman 'di marunong mag pretend. Ayan tuloy! :D

IA. said...

Greymom, nakakaawa din ang daddy, may sakit sya nun eh, he was trying to find an excuse not to play. Yun nga lang, mahirap lumusot sa anak na nag-iisip.